Thus, I came up with the following 5 tips on how to write a quality and readable blog:
1. Write while your ideas are pouring out. Don't wait for an appropriate moment or by inspiration to write them down.
2. Rewrite what you've written by observing the mechanics in writing like grammar, coherence and spelling.
3. Interrelate the thoughts within the context of your topic or subject to avoid confusion and misleading your readers.
4. Tell the world what you've written by publishing it in print or in the net like blogging.
5. Exert more efforts to improve your skills in writing by practice, by reading best articles written by experts, and by writing, writing, and writing more articles.
To supplement these things, I will cite the "9 Essential Social Media Tips for Beginners" of Glen from TopRank, Online Marketing, which I found them very useful for a newbie blogger.
These 9 steps are simple, viz:
1. Start small.
2. Get a widget.
3. Frequently test your buttons and widgets.
4. Don't annoy your followers.
5. Don't fret about follower counts.
6. See what the pros are doing.
7. Don't overlook niche social media sites.
8. Find people within your niche to follow on Twitter.
9. Stay humble.
I followed some of them. Then as a matter of ten months since I created this blog sometime in February 2011, I was surprised that it recorded twenty one thousand three hundred thirteen visitors (21,313 hits). I never expect that big number of readers I have. My purpose of joining the world of blogging, since writing is my hobby, is to express my thoughts, my experiences as they come along and for the news I read by giving my comments or reactions based on what I perceived.
If I'm going to divide those hits/visits by months, my blog is receiving an average of 2,131 readers a month.
It's, therefore the substance or the quality of what I write that really counts. And my secret is W.R.I.T.E.