La Carlota Pasalamat is an annual thanksgiving festival of the Mangkasanon, the native of La Carlota for a bountiful harvest they have in the whole year. It was conceptualized by the late La Carlota City Mayor "Nonoy" Jalandoni who introduced his signature samba beat for the festival.
La Carlota is popularly known as the drum-beating city of beauty and dance, home of the oldest and most prominent sugar mills in the province, fierce fighting cocks, a dream for nature lover, and birthplace of the three world [boxing] champions.
History of La Carlota (an excerpts from La Carlota Site)
"In 1856, the barrio of Simancas was placed under jurisdiction of the Municipality of Valladolid . On July 23, 1864 , however, the people of San Enrique, Pontevedra and Simancas were taken away from Valladolid to form the town of San Enrique . On October 15, 1869, the King of Spain issued a Royal Decree elevating Pontevedra into a parish and Simancas into a town. In 1871, King Carlos of Spain issued another Royal Decree changing the name of the town Simancas to La Carlota.
"The decree was issued upon the request of Spanish "CARLISTAS", who were followers of King Carlos of Spain . On December 4, 1876 , a Royal Order was issued creating La Carlota into a parish.
"A most important event of the 1960's was the creation of La Carlota into a chartered city, on June 19, 1965 by virtue of Republic Act No. 4585."
This festival will officially open Monday, April 23 and will culminate Sunday, April 29.
This year's festival has various new contests and competitons. They are as follows:
- Dog Walk, Saturday at 4pm, April 21 at Festival Park.
- Muñeco Vistuaro (Doll Costume Design Competition), festival park, Sunday at 8am, April 22.
- Cuadro Y Pinta (On the spot painting contest) at the back of SP bldg., Monday at 8am, April 23.
- 1st Pasalamat Pyromusical Competition, Tuesday at 6:30pm, April 24 at Doña Hortencia Salas Benedicto National High School (DHSBNHS).
- 1st Mayor Juliet Marie D. Ferrer Football Invitational Cup, Friday at 6am, April 27 at DHSBNHS Oval.
- April 21: Rollo y Pinta,
- April 22: Pasalamat Shootfest, Basketbal exhbition games, Pasalamat Team Tennis Tournament, Fireworks Display,
- April 24: Agro Trade Fair, Palarong Panlahi, Inter Cities and Municipalities Chess Tournament, 9-Ball Billiard Tournament, Pawasak, Battle of the Bands,
- April 25: Mangkas Challenge Pasalamat Trisikad Race, SMB Night Street Party, Pre-Pageant Night,
- April 26: Pasalamat Marathon, Karatedo Tournament, Rhythm Competition,
- April 27: Pasalamat Boxing Tournament, Awit-Sayaw Extreme Night Finals,
- April 28: Moutain Bike Challenge, Pasalamat Dog Show Competition, Pasalamat Festival Palarong Panlahi 1-cock Timbangan, Search for Pasalamat Festival Queen,
- Apirl 29: Festival Dance and Float Parade, Arena Dance Competition, Party at the Park (live band).
Let's Go La Carlota!
- Ang Ginsuguran sang La Carlota (The Legend of La Carlota)