Congratulations, Filipino Bloggers Worldwide! It is now in her one year of existence with a total membership of 2,256 bloggers as of this writing. The members come from all walks of life, of different fields of job and expertise working at home and even around the world.
|FBW official logo|
Filipino Bloggers Worldwide is an a venue for every Filipino bloggers from different corners of the world to meet virtually for networking purpose.
They're committed to help one another in terms of blogging syndication, supporting each other in terms of promotion of one's blog, contest, meet-up events, online earnings, among others.
How did I join with this group?
I was surprised that I landed in this group. I'm recalling how it did happen. In my one-year membership of this group, I've realized the importance of virtual web communication, the rudiments of blogging, and the camaraderie of every blogger when regards to syndication like comment exchange, sharing, liking and other means of social media promotion; enhancing and improving of one's blog site, themes, and even its quality contents.
One day I was wondering that I received some shout-outs, comments, remarks from the members of this group. Now I remember that it was Tess Chancellor who invited me to join with this group in which I never had any second thought of accepting her invitation. She introduced the rules and regulations which I followed them without any asking question for they're plain and easy to keep with.
Well, I made a brief introduction of myself as part of the rules which I took time to carefully reading them so that I may know the limitations and the opportunities and even privileges a member may enjoy like me.
As I kept on opening this group's section in the Facebook every time I was surfing the net, I was fully exposed to the inspired articles written by every member who joins with the day's syndication. Some of them were very good writers and I kept on following them.
In so doing I was challenged to update my blog regularly so that I could cope with the trend of every thread posted in FBW group page.
To come up with a distinct identification of FBW, a logo design contest was launched and it was Jyppe A. Quidores' logo design that was chosen.
|FBW Banner logo|
|FBW logo contest entries|
|Some of the admins|
Practically most of them were very lenient, considerable, and had more patience.
Kudos to the 5 pioneer admin members. Now there are 18 of them including myself to do the herculean tasks of monitoring those over two thousand members all over the world. They are ChrisAir Martinez Abenes, Joy Blanca, Yuu Ki, Sumi Go, Ness Mercader, Joanna Carpio Asmus, Tess Chancellor, Charlie Montemayor, Robi Marapao, Francis Morilao, Violy Vallester, Ron Leyba, Mai Flores, Romelo Itong, Franc Ramon, Pal Raine, Mhei BlankPixels Ignacio, and this blogger.
FBW, Closed Group
FBW is now a closed group that started in November 1, 2011. It aims to build camaraderie among fellow bloggers around the globe, to help members on opportunities to make money online, increase and build traffic, gain followers, blog comment exchange, share experiences and among others.
Some of the headaches, I remember the pasaway. Twenty-two days after FBW was created, a certain member (I won't mentioned here for delicadeza) for he already left the group of being a pasaway of himself, posted this thread that said: "REMINDERS: BAWAL ANG PASAWAY DITO. 1. Please do not leave post if you are not able to leave comments. [simple as that, but many had participated and left others without leaving their comments]. Another was rule 3 that said "Posting links here means you are making a commitment to visit, read and comment back." Did they keep that commitment? The big answer is NO.
Volunteers who had met the requirements came to the rescue. At least the virtual pandemonium created by numerous pasaway was pacified and it overcame some acid test from the said ever daring members until it reaches one year old of existing as of this writing.
Exchange comment (CommEx) was one of the major early syndication of FBW.
Rules and Regulations
We know that there are many who are interested to join with this group. The FBW Facebook account never runs out of request to join with the group.
Anybody who is interested to join with the group, just simply abide with the rules and regulations. And the strict requirement for fast approval of everyone's request to join is his/her own blogsite/website maintained regularly.
The following are rules to keep for the group to be more organized (found in one of the documents in FB page of FBW):
1. New member should make an introduction of himself/herself and post his/her SITE (blog name, a requirement).
2. Wall sharing of daily posts or update should be at the proper doc. ONE POST a day/doc to avoid flooding or overcrowding the thread.
3. List blogs/posts according to their niche/category for a systematic search or find.
4. No RUDE Comments and OFFENSIVE remarks.
5. No posting of INAPPROPRIATE posts.
6. Posts on the wall, NOT RELATED to BLOGGING and THREADS would be DELETED WITHOUT WARNING.
7. Help and support member's requests for FB likes, Contest entries, etc.
8. No replication of thread already created.
9. No referral links and no promoting of another bloggers group. (Personal gain is not a good practice.)
10. Use Filipino and English language only.
11. Relevant posts are most welcome.
12. No SPAMMING. It is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. ANYONE with MULTIPLE USERNAMES ARE NOT ALLOWED to join the group for he or she will be PERMANENTLY REMOVED removed from the group.
13. Ask permission first from the admins for everyone who wishes to use the FBW name or post topic to another group for whatever purposes he/she may deem best.
14. Only the admins/moderators and and the DULY AUTHORIZED volunteers are allowed to start the new thread for the daily comment exchange.
15. Any member who has been complained for REPETITIVE or HABITUAL violations of the rules/guidelines shall be notified, then be kicked out and be banned from the group.
Filipino Bloggers Worldwide Own Website - Featured Blogs
FBW has her own blogsite with 16 blogs of FBW member were already featured. They are as follows:
- 1. Francramon.com, My thoughts, My Travel, My Runs
- 2. Budget Biyahera
- 3. Hefty Foodie
- 4. TKUEXCLUSIVE
- 5. Filipino Blogger on New Media | Jerome Ibuyan
- 6. Fit and Fashion Mom
- 7. Enzo's Point
- 8. Noting Athena | photos, drawings, notes
- Featured Blogger - Jyppe A. Quidores
- 9. Be Kind To Us Trolls
- 10. Ask Hideki
- 11. The Official Website of Stef dela Cruz – Doctor, Blogger, Writer
- 12. Gil Camporazo's RandomThoughts
- 13. SouthCotabato.Org and South Cotabato News
- 14. The Purple Doll, a personal-turned-food-blog
- 15. Vivi’s Random Ramblings
- 16. EDMARATION
Again, FBW Happy Anniversary! More power!
- Filipino Bloggers Worlwide Site